Weekly Mixtape 11/30/16

Listen Here

A long one to make up for a missed holiday week:

1. Fantasy Theme, Kevin Krauter, This song sounds like a dream feels – melancholy vibes and acoustic guitar

2. The Rock Doc, Fruit Bats, if you love band of horses or the shins you’ll love this acoustic beaut’ by returning favs

3. Lately, Acid Tongue, this reissue has some awesome tracks – like this beachy alt tune

4. a million other things, pronoun, a lonely brooklyn girl wrote these songs in her bedroom but damn this song is a pick me up

5. What You Got, DIANA, 80s synth echoey vocals ridiculous 808s and looove

6. Brooklyn, Fickle Friends, Straight up indie pop bop bliss

7. Out of My Head, The Griswolds, typical Griswolds sound which means it’s AWESOME — jammin alt pop rock meant for the summer but listen to it now so the cold doesn’t make you sad

8. The Bad Dream, Indicator Indicator, This sounds like a stereotypical alt rock song but in the best of ways. super synthy production with a catchy chorus to round it all out

9. Conrad Tokyo, A Tribe Called Quest, this chill jam wrecks especially when Kendrick Lamar swoops in

10. Watch It Burn,  Tasha The Amazon, ngl this is intense and probs doesn’t fit anywhere on this mixtape but it could literally awaken me from my grave. badass hip hop meant for powering through 15 page papers

11. Donald’s Wig, Coldcut ft. Roses Gaber, chill but instrumental/rhythmic electro stuff?? idk its cool

12. Kick Jump Twist, Sylvan Esso, a little different from their usual sound, kind of like pacman??? its fine, its Sylvan so you’ll love it anyway

13. Ima Ned Hed, Secairn Archives, not sure if provocative or just strange electronic production for lovers of Heimer or Flume

14. We The People, A Tribe Called Quest, ya’ll this last album wrecked me, they pull all the stops + this song is the shit

15. I Died Dreaming, Acid Tongue, okay now they drop the beachy stuff and it’s just dope phuzzed out guitars

16. snowed in // there’s no one new around you, pronoun, this hit from the brooklyn loner is not a pick me up. buckle up you’re gonna cry
468 ad